The ALS Association is at the forefront of public policy working to improve the lives of people living with ALS and their caregivers.
2023 ALS Advocacy Priorities
Through the active participation of people with ALS and their families, we hope to make significant advances in 2023 at both the federal and state level, including:
- Expand federal funding for ALS research
- Create more opportunities for people living with ALS to access emerging ALS treatments
- Ensure the coverage of new ALS treatments by insurance
- Secure funding of programs that increase access to specialized ALS care
- Encourage congress to support policies that benefit people living with ALS
How You Can Help
Because ALS still has no cure, there is still much to do. To continue advocating, we need your support through the ALS Association Advocacy Program.
Our advocates are passionate about encouraging government officials at all levels — state, local, and federal — to improve awareness and resources for people affected by ALS. Advocates are people who affect real change in the way that our government responds to the needs of the ALS community.
Even if you aren’t a friend, relative, or supporter of a legislator, your outreach can help us open doors. Advocates with the ALS Association help change the laws and policies that affect all people with ALS and their families every single year.