What is Advocacy Action Month?
During ALS Advocacy Action Month, grassroots ALS advocates from across the United States will engage with key members of Congress who are decision makers on federal appropriations for ALS research at the Department of Defense, National Institutes of Health, Food and Drug Administration, and Centers for Disease Control. They will share their personal experience with ALS and urge members of Congress to increase funding of critical research to find new treatments and a cure.
Join the 2023 Advocacy Action Month!
We need your help to defend and increase federal funding for ALS research! This August, ALS advocates from across the United States will mobilize and engage with key U.S. Senators and Representatives on supporting federal funding for ALS research to find new treatments and a cure by sharing their personal ALS experience during:
- In-person district meetings across the country with key decision makers
- District office drop-by visits for any ALS advocate who wishes to participate
- Call alerts to district offices to amplify support of ALS research funding
- And more!
Register now so that we can identify interested constituents of key members of Congress and provide extra support in securing in-person meetings in the district offices. The deadline to register is July 7, 2023. You will receive issue training on why ALS research is important and skills training on how you can be the most effective advocate. This will include not only how to tell your story – but how to directly ask your members of Congress and their staff to take action – and how to follow up. Registrants will receive access information for our 2023 ALS Advocacy Action Month Zoom webinars and their recordings:
- Wednesday, July 19: In-district Meeting Training; 2 p.m. CDT
- Thursday, July 20: Advocacy 101 Training; 2 p.m. CDT
- Tuesday, July 25: Advocacy 201 Training; 2 p.m. CDT
- Tuesday, August 1: Advocacy Action Month Kickoff; 2 p.m. CDT
- Stay tuned for specific scheduled for Texas advocacy.
ALS Advocacy Happens Year-Round!
Want to stay in the know of all things happening on the advocacy front? Become an ALS advocate! We’ll send you email updates about how you can get involved in ALS advocacy opportunities in Texas and beyond.