Last week, Texas experienced a once-in-a-lifetime winter storm that left millions of Texans without power and clean water. We are thankful that now the worst of the severe winter weather has move on through Texas and hopefully will not return.
The challenges of losing power and water created significant challenges for our ALS Texas family. If you’re a Texan with ALS that experienced any significant challenges related to this disaster that were and are unsustainable, we are here to help. We have access to a disaster relief fund to help our ALS community with unplanned expenses as a result of the disaster, including but not limited to:
- Purchase of generators or other back-up power sources
- Plumbing issues (busted pipes, flooding)
- Relocation expenses as a result of power outage (hotel, fuel)
- Other special equipment you purchased that you would not have purchased outside of the given situation
To apply for assistance, please contact the ALS Association of Texas team member in your area (listed below).
- Austin, Central & West TX, El Paso, Greater Houston
- San Antonio, RG Valley, Coastal Bend, Laredo
- Dallas, Fort Worth, East Texas, Panhandle
We cannot guarantee that we can address every need, but we will try to help as much as resources allow.